Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Baked Fish

Another elaborated fish dish for Tobey. Although this looks much simpler, it took me 1 hour! Woohoo! This dish consists of 3 parts;

1) The Fish

I used 2 chunks of frozen boneless and skinless cod (for 2 meals). Seasoned them with dried Italian herbs and topped with chopped garlic. Wrapped them in foil and baked for 30 mins at 220c.

When it's baked
2) The Mash

Boiled 2 medium sized potatoes, one carrot and a little sweet potatoes. Added olive oil, margarine and a little grated cheese and mashed. This time It's being mashed till smooth as I feel it goes better with the rest of the dish.

3) The Vege

Stir-fried a bunch of spinach with chopped garlic till all wilted.

AND put them together to pose for a pic ..he he...

4 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Looks and sounds yummy, ML! Good job, Tob is a lucky boy. :) He walloped the whole thing, didnt he?

chip-pea said...

@TL: He did! He likes everything that spells HARDWORK!

KC Tan said...

Yummy, I believe even adult will love this dish. Sweat base with fresh fish.. Good JOB. Personally, I hardly cook anything to do with the oven as it take time. But I know it trapped all the smell n taste within the foil.You r really good mummy.

By the way, I am still working hard every weekend on my cupcake for YS coming party. :D

chip-pea said...

@KC: Thanks. Actually he liked the fish pie better. Maybe i didn't put enough of his favourite ingredient in the mash-CHEESE! Haha!

Good luck on your cupcakes!!! :)