Thursday, July 17, 2008

*Hullabaloo*...

...is an activity centre for kids of all ages. It consist of large frames of play structures, slides and all sorts. Right in front of the structures, there is a large restaurant area, where parents can mingle and have some food. I drove (hehehe) Tobey there for the first time today. Paid £2.95 (which include drinks and biscuits) , handed over his shoes to be stored and was given laminated number to retrieve the shoes later.
Firstly, I put him in the "under 3" section. There were a ball pool, tonnes of rubbery Lego and several lovely little kiddos. I still need to monitor him so that he don't graze his wound further. Managed some small talk with a few parents. Tobey enjoyed himself. He dipped into the ball pool and threw balls out. There was a nasty little kid that was probably 3 kept throwing the balls back at Tobey's head. Since my son still does not know the evil of this world, he thought it was a game. I told the kid (brat) nicely (with a stern nursery nurse face nevertheless) "That's not very nice of you, throw the ball back into the pool, not at the boy, ok". Miraculously, that worked and I gave him a hesitated "Well done!". In my head, I was slam-dunking him headfirst into the pool.
Then there was those Lego blocks...he just tried stacking them up and destroying them the next second just when it's knee high.

After another 20minutes there, and many more kiddos getting in later, he got bored. I gave him something to eat and drink then we ventured into the "Over 3" area. That's when the fun began. There were many slides which reminded me of a mini Mimaland of my childhood. Knowing that Tobey loves slides, I braven myself up and took him to one of it. When right at the top, I nearly chickened out (fear of height and being stuck halfway and being laughed at), but Tobey kept trying to wiggle out of my grip to get down on his own! No choice. I just held tight to him and slided down the wavy slide which was like 3 storeys high. My heart popped out. But he totally enjoyed it.

After that, whilst I was catching my breath, I just let him explored the many corridors, corners and frames whilst standing way back.
We went home for lunch after 2 hours. £2.95 well spent I would say.

4 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Wow... look at the last photo of him, already trying to escape from, I mean, walk faster than you.

He really looks like he had alot of fun!

And that is a funny thought about the ASBO kid. I would've had the same thought (slam-dunking him headfirst into the pool) - haha! But kids like them, they need proper guidance else they will become unruly and display ASBO behaviour later on. Somewhat like the kid we have in the Waldorf group where his mom (probably in denial) insisted he was just "being friendly" when he bulldozed, knocked over and hit all the kids in the group! Not to mention he tried to throw a block of wooden toys at my Shean Wenn. **gives him evil eye**

chip-pea said...

I know what you mean.These ASBO kids really needs to be put in place, else they turn into chavs in hoodies. Actually, in his playgroup also there's a kid that snatch stuff from Tobey and his mum kept saying that "he's just trying to play with him"...yeah right, delusional indeed. And in music class also got another unruly kid...I think I should blog about this too..kekeke

KC Tan said...

Wow. so fun looking at Tobey enjoyed himself in that place. I must start looking for playgroup and some activities for YS. ... :) HE seem a bit shy and "sticky" to myself and daddy. any advice?

chip-pea said...

@KC Tan: I think YS will start to be less shy after a few visits.I guess initially, you'll have to be with him till he feels comfortable enough to venture out on his own. Good luck!!! Do blog about it once you found one ok?!Oh once he can venture out on his own, you can chill out and relax with other mummies as well :)