Monday, July 14, 2008

Ayam Masak Merah

I am a lazy cook. Weekday dinners usually consist of boring recycled, tried and tested recipes. But occasionally, I'll have to play some "good wife" card, by doing something new. Today is one of them.

Usually when I crave this dish, I turn to my old friend Brahim (Ahem) but after looking at this recipe and inspired by this blog. I've decided to give it a go. The difference is that, I added 1cm cube of belacan bakar, used 3 chili padies and 2 teaspoon of grounded chili flakes instead of red chilies (I don't have them in the fridge) and blended my tomatoes instead of grinding them. Not too bad. Hubby liked it (although he can't taste much because of his cold), so will try to recreate this more often.

3 comments:

KC Tan said...

OMG, I have been craving for this dish for so long. I even put it in my outlook task to cook it someday. :) By the way, when i do a search I got the same blog too like your - SU Lin.

Must try it one day.

Melissa said...

It looks yummy! When are you making it next? Can I come over? =D

chip-pea said...

@KC Tan:You should try it, it's not as hard actually if you have a chopper or blender :)

@Melissa: Sure! Tell me when you coming over and I'll cook it for you :))