Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tobey Today and Alone for the first time

It was a gloriously sunny day today. It's one of those days where you can put anything on the washing line and it will guarantee to dry. These kind of days are few and far between. Tobey spent the whole morning in the garden. Let it be known that I tried my best putting on his hat for him and making sure it stays there, but his little fingers were faster than mine.

"See! I am helping you mommy"

"Because I am big boy now!"

After 'helping' me with the laundry, he practiced his football dribbling skills. Thanks to SK, our son now can dribble the ball from one end to another whilst screamed out enthusiastically. Funny. We bought him a new pair of sporty shoes (which has got blinking LED lights accompanying each step) to match his new found talent :P

"Look mommy, this is how daddy does it"

Change of topic: Sk is away on business trip. It was the first time he left us two in the UK alone. Initially, I was unsure of how I'll cope 24/7 with little active Tobey, but it turned out to be quite fun. Not having to cook propper adult meals was a bonus as that freed up alot of time for me to do my own things. We just carried on as per normal. Going to playgroup, to town, for walks, play in the garden , etc etc.

Tobey missed his dad alot. On the first night on our own, he heard SK's voice through the speaker phone (cordless phone on speaker mode). Then last night, he placed the cordless phone on my lap and said "ta-ti there!" So I dialled SK and once he heard his daddy's voice, he smiled and kissed the phone. Normally before going to bed, he would wave goodnite to his dad. He carried on waving each night before bed whilst looking for his dad, which was nowhere to be found. And this morning, after I picked him up from his bed to go to mine, he kept saying "ta-ti" and looked under the stack of pillows on SK's side to look for him (as SK sleeps with a pillow on his face) and looked ever so dissapointed when his daddy was not under those pillows... I found that terribly sweet. I kept telling him that daddy is at work and will be back soon.

"Ta-ti and me, best friends forever"

3 comments:

Skye said...

So cute, the part where he kissed the phone!

Tsu Lin + + said...

Watch this little man. Tobey, your dribbling skills are just awesome! Go go go...

chip-pea said...

@Skye: I know! I was so moved.

@TL: Thanks Auntie Tsulin :)