Friday, June 27, 2008

The Fish Pie



After waiting for 6 weeks, my driving test got postponed till 2 weeks later because my examiner was ill. To help with the excruciating wait, I've decided to fill my time with elaborate activities. Today I made Organic Fish Pie for Tobey's lunch. It took me 45 minutes.

Here's how I've done it.

1) Cut carrots, broccoli and baby spinach leaves to toddler bite size chunks and boil them (in that order as carrots takes forever to be soft)
2) Quarter 2 medium sized potatoes and one small portion of sweet potato. Boil till soft. Roughly mashed.
3) Make cheese sauce by stirring a knob of butter with 2 tbsp of plain flour. Alternately, add skimmed-milk and grated 30g of medium cheddar cheese whilst stirring. Keep stirring until sauce is smooth and in the correct consistency.
4) Add boneless and skinless fresh cod fish (cut into 2cm sq chunks, around 6 of them) to the sauce and stir till fish is cooked.
5) Add cooked veges from step 1 and stir.
6) Scoop onto bowls and scatter mashed potatoes on top.

He ate all his lunch without any hesitation. And that made me really happy.

One happy customer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we keep this dish in the fridge and reheat, say, the next day?

chip-pea said...

@Siew: I think as long as it's reheated straight from the fridge, within 24 hours should be ok :)