Friday, October 03, 2008

Made in China


This winter jacket is part of the 2 jackets given to Tobey as a gift, from a relative who bought it from China. It was handed to me even before he was born. I remember thinking to myself "No way my kid gonna wear such a Chinese looking garment". Yup, I snubbed it. I was heavily pregnant and grumpy, so deserves forgiveness. They were way too big for a newborn, so I kept them away deep in the cupboards.

For the last few weeks, I've been looking for a winter jacket for him but couldn't find anything suitable. I am not fussy. I just want something that is soft, warm, doesn't come with cold metal zips, not jeans material or plasticky windbreaker material, and most importantly not restrictive to his movement. Looked in all the high street shops. NOTHING!

Then I thought of those Made in china jackets I snubbed before. Took one out and put it on him. PERFECT. Just what I wanted. It's like being wrapped in a duvet. Although I still thinks it looks like a marshmallow, so what? Comfort comes first! (spoken like a true old-fashioned mother ;P)

Lessons learned. No more snubbing.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I think Tobey carries the jacket really well - I don't see it as very 'Chinese'. It must be nice to hug him when he has it on :)

chip-pea said...

@Melissa: Thanks! You are right, he's doubly hugable when he has it on..hehe

Skye said...

Can't believe we need winter jackets already. I miss our old flat. This house is so cold! Actually the jacket doesn't look very "chinese". Maybe it's the made-in-china mindset that made you think it looked chinese.

chip-pea said...

@Sukye: yes,I guess you are right..hehe...just the first impression and mindset that got stuck.