Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy shoppers!

This cool car-trolleys are new to my local Tesco. This is the second time Tobey got to ride in one. They've got like 5 in total. The first time was on a weekday, we chanced upon it by luck. It was right in front of the 'parent and child' parking bay that we parked. Today being Saturday, we thought no way we could get hold of one. As SK drove into the parking area, we happened to saw a parent vacating his groceries and kid from one. Immediately, SK screamed "Go get it!". He stopped the car midway on the road and I hopped down and RAN towards it! But unfortunately, I was 3 steps too late. I lost to a toddler with a dummy in her mouth. She was too short, I didn't realised she was running faster than me. We were so disappointed. SK gave me a look from the car as if saying "How can you loose to a kid?!!!". But I lingered in the trolley bay a little longer, hoping to spot another and lo and behold I saw one parked right near the main entrance, around 20 metres away. I made a dash for it. I look silly when I run fast. Several shoppers around me stopped to make way for me. They probably thought I was being chased by someone. I was not bothered. Then I got hold of it!!! When SK brought Tobey towards the store after parking, both of their faces lighted up. Tobey quickened his steps which soon turned into a sprint towards the toy car. I felt so proud and happy. SK gave me a pat on the back saying "well done". We were actually there just to buy some sandwiches and snack for our picnic at the park on the day. But we strolled around more in the busy supermarket anyhow, just so that our little F1 driver get to take his toy car for a good spin around the aisles.

Sigh, Parenthood makes us do the silliest things.

4 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Hey, how come they don't have this at ours??? It looks SO COOL, no wonder your little F1 driver is so happy posing here.

Yes, you are a silly gal! :P (The part about losing to a toddler with a dummy : ROFL - super funny)

chip-pea said...

@Tsulin: Yes, he loves the car!!! It's a recent addition to this tesco. Maybe soon you'll see one at yours too. It's quite hard to steer though. It was so frustrating loosing to that little girl!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you. Parenthood does make one do the silliest things. I think one of these days, I will write a book about the silly things hubby and I do. Hey, why not all of us chip in and make it a collection?! ;)

chip-pea said...

@Siew: Good idea! hahaha!