Friday, October 10, 2008

16 Months Old



Pictures taken on the move by SK. He was running around the house wearing his wellington boots and bib (was eating biscuits)

At 16 months, Not sure how tall is he now. He just can't stand still for 1 minute for me to do so. Must try again tomorrow.Measured: 80 cm. Weight wise, it's stabilising. He's probably around 13-14 kgs. He sleeps on his own in his darkened room. Still wants me to give him his milk before he sleeps at night. I prefers it that way, as I love watching him fall asleep. Sleeping pattern changes every few months. But he mostly sleeps from 2-3:30pm for nap and night sleep from 9pm-6am, have his milk, continue sleeping till 8am. Can feed himself pretty well, but still needs lots of practice. Eats everything. Still takes 20-21 oz of milk everyday. We (as in me then him) brushes his teeth every morning. He loves washing his toothbrush under the tap and putting it back into the holder.


Understands us more. For example if I say "Tobey, please can you get mummy the fish from the box on the table?" and I'll get the fish, or "Can you check whether there's a bird on the tree?", he would try to do so. Learning to drink from a normal cup. Loves to dance to any music and still big on self-congratulating (clapping after he's successfully done something) He is getting more daring in his play. For example, he would overturn a stool and sit in the hollow part, as if it's his little boat. Any round lid will be turned into a steering wheel complete with him humming the car "vooom-mmmvroom" sound. Loves playing with my pots, pans and wok , usually imitating me cooking, complete with invisible pinches of seasoning. Also beginning to be the one that initiate play with other toddlers. If a supermarket cashier did not notice his goodbye waves after I've paid for groceries, he would scream "Ei!" to get his or her attention to his Queen of England waves.

Vocab wise, still babbling tongue twister words. Recent semi-proper word is "mato" (for tomato) and "uh-oh" when something fell on the ground. Tried potty training him. Took off his nappy and sat him on the pot. He kept shaking his head, and wanted to get up. As soon as I put his nappy on, he would immediately do his business. SO, my boy is not ready yet. Now the potty is just another toy. He sits on it like another chair. I am allowing that, so that he won't associate it as something to be afraid of. Can be bribed. Before I take him out, I would insist that he help me put his toys back into the toy box, and he would do so. Reading, getting more interested. We are still visiting the library on a regular basis.

No comments: