Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hainanese Chicken Rice

Once again Sukye made me drool with her cooking. I remember making "Siew Pau" based on the recipe she used last year and it turned out quite ok. This time, it's her Hainanese Chicken Rice. Normally I only use normal Free-Range Chicken, but this time I used the Corn Fed Free-Range she recommended. I put more chopped ginger in the rice and left out the white pepper in the marinate, as my son don't like white pepper. Didn't manage to take a pic of the soup as we only had it after the meal. Tobey had it with normal rice instead on the gingery and garlicky rice.

It was quite a hit during lunch time today, so I am going to make it another time for dinner too, so that SK can get a chance to eat it fresh as well.

3 comments:

Roslyn said...

Yum! I always use corn-fed chicken for chicken rice. They just taste so much nicer than the normal ones.

Skye said...

Hey glad you liked it. What I find amazing is that the longer I let the chicken rest the more juice is produced out of it.

Tsu Lin + + said...

Ohmyabsoultelygoodness! That looks so delish! I must try making it. Thanks for the intro & recipe.

For the chilli usually my grandma used the stock from the soup (for the boiled yellow-skin chicken, not the roast one) to make it.