Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lamb Stew

Lamb shoulders were on price reduction in my local Tesco. So I've decided to try this recipe.

Recipe:

Half a lamb shoulder
one leek
3 carrots
3 tomatoes
3 stalks of celery
5 medium red onions
half a bulb of garlic (skin on cut across in half )
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 stock cubes
1 teaspoon of black pepper corn
2 teaspoon of salt
3 dried bay leaves

Add lamb, roughly chopped vege, and spices into pot. Cover with hot water. Bring to boil and simmer on low fire for 3 hours until meat is falling off the bone. Nice eaten with rice or on it's own.

End product

1 comment:

KC Tan said...

Yummy, Yummy. I shall try it one day. Every now n then, when there is a reduction, I will go for the lamb cutlets. Nvr comes into my mind shoulder because I am not good in cooking lamb. Good Sharing, Tobey's Mum.