Friday, September 26, 2008

26th September 08 : Recorded

I was reading Karen Cheng's latest blog entry where she recorded what happens in one of her weekday. I thought it would be nice for me to record down in detail what happened today in my life as a SAHM.

8 a.m: The boy was all awake and ready to go. I made breakfast for him . Banana and oats. Fed him breakfast and went on to cook his meals whilst he watched some children tele on CBeebies. Took the box of paper out so that the recycling truck can pick it up.

9 a.m: Showered and dressed Tobey. Gave him my bag to rummage through in my room whilst I showered.

9:30a.m: Brought Tobey to music class which lasted an hour.

10:45 a.m :Vacuumed the floors. Upstairs and downstairs. Tobey helped. Fed Tobey his multi-vits.

11: 15 a.m: I ate brunch. Maggi Assam Laksa. Yummm.

11:30 a.m: Spent time with Tobey. Drawing, reading, playing chasing, hide-and-seek, etc.

12 noon: Fed Tobey his lunch.

12:30 p.m: Cleaned up after him. Food on the floor, on his clothes, hands, face, etc.

12:45 p.m: Tobey played on his own, whilst I tried to read. Played with him when he wanted to engage with me (or when he pulled the book out of my grip).

1:20 p.m: Tobey started his afternoon nap.

1:25 p.m: I made some pasta for my late lunch. Folded clean laundry. Sun was shining, so washed a load and hung them. Ironed SK's work shirts. Arranged for a plumber to service our boiler. Surf net a little.

3:20 p.m: Tobey woke up. Gave him his afternoon milk.

3.45p.m: Drove out to post a letter (and bought a euromillion ticket which I didn't win...again)and got some groceries.

4:30 p.m: Brought Tobey to a playground. He made several new friends.

5:30 p.m: Made dinner. Steamed pork with preserved vege, broccoli and tried a new dish with salted vege "ham choi" and tofu. Turned on TV for Tobey, but he rather hang around the kitchen willing me to carry him so that he could 'help' me cook as well.

6:30 p:m: Fed Tobey dinner. Sk came home from work (phew!).

7-8 p.m: Showered Tobey, then Sk and I took turns to shower. Dinner for the adults. Tobey ate all our broccoli.

8-9:20 p.m: Play time with daddy! (That boy has so much of energy!!!) whilst I tried to read and watch some tele.

9:30 p.m: Tobey took his night milk and finally sleeps. SK spent the next 10 minutes packing toys back into toy boxes whilst watching X-Men 2.

...and now I am typing this. Will sleep soon. SO tired!

4 comments:

Skye said...

Sounds like a great day to me. I think I missed that a little.

chip-pea said...

@Sukye:Soon you'll be having so many of those days, you might want to go back to work! HAHA!

KC Tan said...

Hi ML, please share more on the MultiVit , I am giving YS Penta-vite from Bayer. Is that what Tobey is having?

chip-pea said...

@KC tan: Hi! I am giving him Haliborange multivit liquid, 5 ml daily. I am not sure whether in Oz you can find it. It's sugar free orange flavoured. He used to like drinking it mixed with warm water, but now he takes it straight from the spoon.