Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Page Turner

Tobey has been perfecting his skill of 'turning pages' for a couple of weeks now. I know it's not much of a skill, but it's the first channel for him to show me that he understands what I say to him sometimes. When I sit him on my lap and read him his poem or story books, I would leave the next page/leaf loose from my grip, then I'll asked him to “ Flip the page for mummy, baby” and he would do so in his own way. Sometimes midway through the flipping process he would lick the bottom corner of the page first, then continue to flip it. There are times when he would not be intrested in what I am reading at all, he would just proceed in flipping one page after another without me asking him to do so, which can get quite annoying, as I could only read the first line of each page before he flips it over. I suppose it's not time to instill manners yet, but instead just allow him to practice his hand-eye co-ordination and pincer grasp techniques for now.

1 comment:

Tsu Lin + + said...

What a delightful baby! And such interesting observation from mummy...