Friday, September 28, 2007

Week 16

My baby is finally 16 weeks old( 4 months)!!!!!!!!! :)

Over the weekend, we didn't get to do much as SK had to work. On Monday, we took Tobey to SK's office for the customary 'bring your new baby in to show us' stunt. It's only fair as his colleagues actually showered Tobey with so many gifts! And also a lovely bouquet of flowers for me after my delivery ( I wanted to post this flower pic up long time ago...kept putting it off as it reminds me of the difficult first weeks)

Back to the main character...Tobey warmed up to SK's colleagues quite quickly. Initially, he was quiet, then when they started letting him hold their fingers, he started to see them as friends as he kept trying to put their fingers in his mouth. Lots of smiles and laughs as well. They thought he looked too tall and too big to come out of me (according to one of them I was petite..HAHAHAHAHHA) and that he looked more like a 8 months old baby rather than a 4 months old. We also managed to go to McD as I was craving for some. I saw this grotty old high chair at a corner and decided to let Tobey sit on it, as the chair looked pretty safe.

He enjoyed being on it but I took him off after a minute as he was still abit wobbly in that position.

I discovered that Tobey finds the "A-Boo-Chuk" game hilarious! It's a simple game - one of us would hide our face behind our hands, say "a-Boo", wait a little and then open our hands whilst saying "chuk" loudly to provide that element of suprise to the baby. We tried that game on him when he was a few weeks old, but to no effect. But this time, he would giggle and laugh each time we "A-Boo-Chuk" him. When we hide behind our hands, and wait , he would try to pry our fingers open impatiently as he don't want to be shocked! These are some of the faces he pulled



Funny boy. Oh, we've done some trial run sessions in feeding him solid, just to see what he thought of it. Basically just some rice cereal or some Farley's Rusk mixed with his usual milk to a gooey consistency. He loved the rusk and just tolerated the rice cereal. In fact, each time I took the spoon away from his mouth to scoop more rusk, he protested, as he thought the rusk came free-flowingly from his spoon! Towards the end of the meal, I just gave up and let him have his magic spoon....One thing I noticed, he would still want his milk at the end. I guess he sees these feeding episodes were just another one of mummy's crazy games...he'll understand more when I incorporate it into his routine this coming week.



What else....oh he started to drool alot, dunno why. His sleep pattern became more erratic as well. He still starts his sleep at 9 pm but would still wake up twice between 9 pm to 9 am. SIGH! Nevermind, I shall be patient..at least until he's 6 months old. His sleep stretch is now between 5-6.5 hours. It would be nice if he can go without for longer. I roughly measured his height the other day and he's measuring about 70 cm.

No comments: