Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gestational age - 6 Weeks

I called in sick today. Was running a fever. It's been a while since I got this sick. I think my body is still trying to get use to the fact that it's housing a baby now.After lots of sleep and 1 litre of orange juice later, I am feeling much better now. The problem with me recovering fairly quickly is that people at work often not convinced that I have actually been sick since my sick period is often just 1 day! Oh what the hell, if they care to look at my sicky leave history, it has always been only a day each time.

My baby is the size of a walnut and with a heart the size of a poppy seed at 6 weeks (no wonder my belly is not showing yet!)It has got buds on it which will grow into arms and legs. Can't wait for it to grow bigger. I have been eating my Sanotagen multivitamin diligenty and have been eating full nutritiuos meals everyday. I have also ensured that I get enough rest and exercise everyday.

SK has been really sweet, he thinks that all I should do around the house is to fold clothes...hmmm...I don't think so!

Will update when my baby is the size of an apple inside me...

2 comments:

Skye said...

Even when Dominic was the size of a walnut, he felt heavy in my womb. I.e. when you've been walking or standing you can feel the weight and strain on your uterus. Do you feel that?

chip-pea said...

yeah, I do feel a 'pulling' feeling in my uterus after walking too long...sigh, what a heavy walnut I am having!