Thursday, October 12, 2006

7 Weeks 1 day

Nowadays, 9 pm feels like 3 am. I am usually shattered after dinner and some TV. In the beginning, I refused to go to bed earlier, as it would have meant a shorter day and not spending enough time catching up with SK. As I struggled to only hit the sack at 11pm, I found myself grumpier and irritated as hell, both at work and at home. So, I just GAVE IN!..grrrrrrrr....suprisingly, it worked! That extra hour or two of sleep really made the difference...felt much more 'normal' and energetic.

The 'morning (afternoon, evening and night) sickness' can hit me anytime...some days, I hardly feel it, other days, I felt like ripping a student's head off. Food cravings has been an adventure. I never could tell what tomorrow 'food of the day' would be. For example, last week's main cravings were mainly mature cheddar cheese slices and Quaker salt & vinegar rice cakes, but if you serve any one of those two to me today, I would run a mile! Yesterday, I only wanted fruit juice, any fruit juice BUT apple juice...yukks! but today, it is satsumas...I ate 9 satsumas!!! and also McCoy salted potato crisp. That's why weekly shopping no longer work. But everyday, one thing I can't lay eyes on is chicken on bone...I haven't been eating chicken thigh or drumstick or any chicken for a couple of weeks. The only chicken I can bare to hold down are deep fried chicken breast coated in flavourful batter.

I have been watching many documentaries about giving birth and pregnancy, hoping to learn something I don't already know and kind of to prepare myself for the delivery. Currently, my chosen type of birth for my baby would be normal delivery and hopefully a water birth. I believe that it relieves pressure on the baby and also on the muscles of the uterus during contractions. SK wouldn't hear of it. Actually, I forced down a lesson of what would happen to my body when I go into labour. I KNOW he understood everything (although he pretended not to), which meant alot to me. But he also knows that his single most important job is to get me into the hospital in time!

Honestly, reality has finally truly sunk in, and I am finally ready to experience everything pregnancy and to embrace every changes. Be it the construction happening in my breasts or the added pounds on my hip..(hopefully not too much ;)

The baby is now the size of a raspberry. If I had a window into my womb, I'd notice the baby's eyelids forming, the tip of the baby's nose developing, and his/her distinct, slightly webbed fingers and toes.



No comments: