Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dry night?


Tobey has been going to the loo to wee since 2 years and 1 month old. But poo-poo is a different story altogether. He refused to poo in the loo and only goes in the diaper. So his days were diaperless until after dinner, then he will ask for a diaper to do his business. After that he will have his shower and stay diaperless until sleep time. We tried to persuade him to deposit in the toilet a few times but failed miserably. He rather hold his poo in until his night time diaper comes along. This went on until June this year, a few days after his 3rd birthday. SK decided to get him to poo in the toilet again..this time he was promised 3 tic-tac sweets if he succeeded. He was also given 1 or 2 whilst trying to tide him along. Suddenly, it happened. SK witnessed it. I was so upset that I didn't get to see that magic moment. Nevertheless, I was overjoyed. The following day, he told us he wants to poo but was a bit too late and pooed in his trousers instead. He was very apologetic after that. It was as if he was embarrassed to have done that. From then till now, he's been telling us whenever he wants to poo (except for a few times when he pooed in his night diaper in the morning. When we asked him why? He said because mummy was sleeping and daddy was bathing, so he had "no choice"). I was really afraid of a relapse, but thankfully he didn't. So now we can confidently say that he's potty trained.

The only diaper he wears now is when he sleeps. A few nights ago, I forgot to put on his night diaper for him. But he was dry when I gave him his morning milk. I truly think it is most likely just a one-off because from what I read, they will still need a night diaper till 4 years old. So I didn't purposely leave him diaperless after that. Should I? Hmmm ..I better get a mattress protector first before finding out.

No comments: