Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crunchy peanut butter cookies

Ingredients

8 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar (I used icing sugar instead for better texture)
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 free-range egg yolk
50g/1¾oz butter, softened
icing sugar, for dusting

Method

Mix everything into a bowl. Mix with hand. Shape with dusting of flour. Bake 10 mins in preheated oven of 180 C.

Tobey was the main chef this time around. He's getting a hang of listening to the ingredients being read out and adding them into the mixing bowl accordingly. I mixed them with hand. He then shaped and sprinkled them with sugar strands (instead of icing sugar).

He decided to shape them to various sizes

Once it's baked and cooled, out came the coloured icing tubes for more decorating

Finally the taste test- "Mmm Nice, my make cookie nice"
(he then asked to save a few pieces for daddy)

3 comments:

Skye said...

Don't they just melt your heart by saying things like "saving few pieces for daddy"? Did daddy say anything about the shapelessness of the cookies?

chip-pea said...

Daddy loved them, saying that they looked artistic. Everything his son makes for him is awesome in his books! hahaha!

Tsu Lin + + said...

I love his cookies! So adorable. I laughed when i saw their various shapes. Too cute!

PS : I love it when he said "My make cookie nice"... their sentence structure is so cute!