Saturday, April 21, 2007

New management

Our fav hangout cheap & cheerful spicy food place, The Trill of the Grill (located at the top of The Drapery road, Northampton) has been taken over by a new management and operating under a very 'muslim' sounding name ...


It reminds me of KFC's logo. Fine. We went in anyway but delighted to find that the cooks are the same people with different coloured uniform. There were several new clumsy waitresses though. One even dropped one of those cast iron dish right beside me. Scared the living daylight out of me. And another one only brought our drinks to us after we enquired about it after 10 mins. She still got the nerve to ask me to repeat my drinks order! *&$%! If not for my hubby holding me back, I would have told her how incompetent she sounded. Well, she shouldn't be messing with a hungry pregnant woman. (Same goes for this Argos teller we met today who spoke to us in her bloody 'chavy' English as if it's completely acceptable and gave me this look that spelled "stupid yellow people" when I asked her to repeat herself..grrrrrr! You'll understand my frustration better if you're 8 months pregnant and not so loving it anymore)

We ordered
Massala fish (~£5) :

This was as good as we remembered it to be. Full of flavour and fish was fresh. It went really well with our naan bread.

Lamb curry (~£5) : Noticed that the cutlets of lamb used was of a cheaper cut. Hence, caused the dish to be more oily that what we usually get.

And...

Baby spring chicken (~£4): I hate hate hate the name of this dish. Why must the word baby be in it. Still feeling really bad from eating it :(

Overall, still a nice place to eat but would much prefer the previous name which is cooler sounding. Of course, after returning from this restaurant, all item of clothing worn has to be washed, as the result of being smoked by the open grill.

Thought I should record this visit as it could be our last visit to this restaurant, as it's not baby friendly at all. Must spend the next couple of weeks visiting new haunts that has high chairs or stroller friendly.

No comments: