Sunday, March 27, 2011

Of Briyani rice, Cheesecakes and a getaway plan...

I've found a gem from Tesco that can bring authentic homemade Briyani to our table at home. It's Shan's Special Bombay Briyani mix (recipe here). I just followed the recipe at the back of the box (quite alot if work, as the box are only the spices) and voila, here it is.
Spring is here, so is the baking spirit. A week or two back, I baked a Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, but the hubby said not enough cheese! Tried out another recipe that require's 3 times the amount of cheese used in the previous one. Pass! SK said it's like his favourite Secret Recipe's New York Baked Cheesecake. It's from Tina Bester.

And here's my boys again :))

got him a bumbo chair from a car boot sale (like a flea market back in Malaysia) for £8

As the weather is warming up, SK took Tobey to the barber for a trim. He always looks all grown-up with a shorter haircut. Here's the big brother insisting on carrying little Euan.
So proud that he succeeded :)

I am quite productive today for some reason, After all the cooking, I went on to scout a Legoland weekend break.We'll be going for a 2 days and 1 night trip. The package includes 2 days park tickets for all of us. We'll be staying at the Brooklands Hotel. After scouting the net high and low, I am so happy to have found this hotel. Good and reasonably priced hotel in this country is like gold dust. I am the type that don't mind staying back in the hotel if I have to, rather than going out sightseeing. Bonus is that it's right next to the Mercedes-Benz world, where we can watch racing on it's track right from the window of most rooms. Tobey and SK will definitely enjoy that. It's like watching Top Gear live :P. Not forgetting, there's also the Brooklands Museum a few minutes walk away, where Tobey can sit on an actual Concorde! This will be Euan's 2nd getaway with us. First being the visit to my brother-in-law for CNY last month. Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Wah, Brooklands Hotel looks really luxurious, not like the mucky old hotels you usually find here! Must let me know where you found this deal so that we can book one for future Bank Hols. :)

Cheesecake looks yumyum! I do love Tobey's hair in that photo of Euan in Bumbo (I'm presuming that's his before photo). He looks sooo charming & rugged there, like a Prince Charming!