Monday, February 14, 2011

Chinese New Year 2011- Picture update

SK took a few days off. We went up to Birmingham to visit the brother-in-law to celebrate.

Here's Tobey standing beside a stationary "dragon" in Wing Wah restaurant
Euan first time on a high chair- not ready yet :P
Found frozen durian!!!!! from Wing Yip chinese supermarket. I was beyond happy.
Bunked at the BIL's apartment. I really like the floor to ceiling windows.
My men.
A friend gave Tobey a lantern. He thought it's simply a colourful paperback to store his toys! We lighted it up for him...
He and daddy went out to the back garden for 5 minutes with the pretty lantern...cold...brrrr!

My cousin went back to Malaysia for CNY and came back with THESE little treasures from home :) Thanks to my mum and auntie for these lovely munchies :))

I finally bought a rug to create some kind of segregation (TV area and bookshelves area) to my long-ish lounge.

6 comments:

Roslyn said...

You found the frozen durian too!

chip-pea said...

Yup!I tested 2 brands, the "Kim Son" one is the best...yummm

Roslyn said...

2 brands? Which frozen section? I haven't looked.

chip-pea said...

The first one is Cha-O (I can't be sure) which are deseeded. The seeded ones are from Kim Son. You get more flesh from the Cha-O but somehow I felt that the texture is more watery and less tasty than the seeded ones.

You can find it next to the frozen fish balls/fish cakes in the Birmingham branch. Not sure how they place it in the Wing Yip nearest to you though.

Anonymous said...

Love the living room!

chip-pea said...

Thanks Siew :)) I am still trying to convince hubby to let me paint a feature wall.