Friday, February 18, 2011

18th February 2011-Euan Weaning

Euan has been showing signs of wanting to eat our food for weeks now. Initially, I was really adamant to wait till 6 months, but upon seeing his' longing for food face', trying to grab our plates and doing his munching and sucking motions, I gave in at 4 1/2 months. Actually I did try to a week or two back with a sample pack of rice cereal with FRUITS which was abit sourish, and he didn't like the taste of it ( i didn't have any plain ones). Today I fed him propper plain rice cereal mixed with warm water to a smooth consistency. He smiled widely upon the first spoon. I think in total he managed to keep down 2 spoonful. Good enough.

Moving on to Tobey. On the way to school today he asked me "Mummy, why have FIVE Tobeys in my school!?Why Why WHy???" Yup there are FIVE of them. All in the same CLASSROOM! So much for trying to name our kid something "uncommon" back in 2007. I just told him I don't know why. Maybe because his name is such a nice name :P

5 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

What?? FIVE Tobeys?? Wow! In my area, I don't know any Tobey at all. It's such a coincidence that there are 5 Tobeys in one class! Record lah. Must line them up & snap a photo. And yes, def a nice name.

I started introducing solid food to SW at 4 mths & 1 week old too.. but i thk she didn't like it so she actually started 2 weeks later. Did you wean Tobey at 6MO??

chip-pea said...

I weaned Tobey at 16 weeks old hahaha!Kan Cheong. % of them ok..no joke...Tobey will go "see that's the other Tobey...oh and another one...and another one...why so many mummy??"

Melissa said...

I only know one Tobey and that's your son, ML! Five is plenty!

Tsu Lin + + said...

Hahha.. so funny this Tobey. I can imagine his face when saying that... as though someone has the same toy as he does.

Shean Wenn on the other hand - name too unique, told me one day while pointing at a school assistant "Mummy! Her name is Shean Wenn!" (She looked REALLY PLEASED with that too)
"Oh really?"..
And then i checked the notice board for the names of all the staff. (un)True enough, her name was SHARON.

The innocence of a child right?

chip-pea said...

Tsulin: Shean Wenn IS a very pretty name. Complete with symetrical chinese characters! They are very innocent lar...can see the core of their personality now, before they turn into mysterious teens.

Mel: I know!my Tobey is the first Tobey I know too..sigh!