Monday, April 26, 2010

26th April 2010

SK spent some time this evening trailing the boy around the garden. He managed to capture what the boy usually does when he's hanging out in the garden. He does and is encouraged to get out there to play and be adventurous whenever the weather permits.

Plucking some blossoms of the tree for mummy & making sure no cat is messing with mummy's vegetable patch :)

Peeping Tom
Half-time

I have to mention this here. Today, the helium balloon he got from his friend's birthday party over the weekend flew off his hands and up into the skies. We both looked at it flying upwards helplessly for a few minutes.
He asked me to 'rescue' it for him. If I could fly, I would fly up there to get it for him, but I couldn't. So I explained to him that the balloon has 'gone home to God'. He accepted it but ran to hug me and cried for a little while, totally devastated. "My love my yellow balloon" he said. A few hours later, an airplane flew past and he said (looking very hopeful) that the airplane will rescue his yellow balloon. I had to break it to him that it's not going to happen and that his balloon will not be coming back anymore. It's heartbreaking knowing that I can't protect him completely from sadness however careful I am. I guess being there to hug and explain things to him is the best I could do. Not easy being a parent. Now I feel like getting a tank of helium to fill up a room full of yellow balloons for him.

**********************************************************

On a separate note, trees and plants are starting to bloom;

Cherry Blossoms
Apple tree blossoms
Plum tree blossoms
Rhodendrum flowers- We got 2 of these last year and waited for them to bloom, but they didn't. This time around, blooming it did, but only from one plant. The other one needs to be replanted to a more sunny spot.

6 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Awww.. how sweet of you to explain that it has "gone home to God". I just tell SW it flew away! Don't worry, we'll get one for you next time. Ok, move on... don't ask about it anymore. I know, how bleh, right?

chip-pea said...

Hehe..he asked me where has it gone to. I wanted to tell him the truth that it will pop and land on a tree somewhere :P but that is too complicated for him mah. So that was the easiest answer, since he knows about God lives "up there" now.

Skye said...

He's getting very round and chubby, I.e. Just like SK!

Your feelings about the yellow baloon - sounds like your pregnancy hormones talking there. I'll also just tell him it flew away and we'll get another one next time. Children must learn to deal with sadness and disappointments. Haha.

chip-pea said...

Hi Sukye,

How are things getting on at your end? Again I must tell you that Emily is SUPER Gorgeous!! I want to hug her everytime I see her pics on your blog.

Yeah, he's looking more and more like his dad, even the way he speaks.

True, probably the hormones at work. I get pretty sentimental and protective lately..hehe

Skye said...

Things are good here. As long as my kids are not sick and life goes on as usual I'm glad. Previously where I have a long list things to ask the Lord now my prayers are getting shorter and shorter every night, I.e. To just keep my family safe and healthy. He has done enough for me already now I'm freeing some of His time for others! Haha.

chip-pea said...

Good good! So glad to hear that. You are blessed with beautiful children for sure :)