Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pan Mee

I was feeling really lethargic one evening. So I decided to pull myself together and do something interesting in the kitchen. I made Pan Mee for the first time. It's not my favourite, but Tobey liked it back in Malaysia. It took me 2 hours. Kneading and rolling of the noodle took most of the time. I really ought to get that special pasta/noodle machine.

Anyways, here it is...

.
.
.

Just kidding...it's more like this

Actually, I am pretty proud of my humble bowl of Pan Mee. Although it's not much of a looker, but the taste is there. SK asked me how come the noodle looked like belts.Tsk! If only they sell that potato leaves here, then the garnishing would look more complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comparable to the 1st pic, not bad at all. I don't think I will ever attempt this, not with a RM2.80 bowl just outside my house. LOL!

Melissa said...

Is that blue bowl of pan mee from the coffee shop in Lucky Garden?

The one you made doesn't look too bad.

chip-pea said...

@Siew:Agree!So lukcy! how I wish I have such convenience here.Malaysia is really great in this aspect.

@Melissa: I got this pic from the net, it's said to be from a Bangsar coffeshop :)