Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

a beautiful rainbow on our way back
We went up to Birmingham for 2 nights to celebrate Christmas with BIL and his partner, Ann. Plus also to 'hit the sales' on Boxing day...hehe...We stayed in BIL's hotel and had steamboat as Christmas Dinner.
Ann with BIL and our little Christmas spread.

Tobey with his uncle. He calls him "tup-tup" (instead of "Suk-Suk")

Gone were the days where we would leave the hotel at 6 am and speedwalk for 10 minutes, making sure we are the first customers at Next. Now, (or rather after being parents) we value our sleep more. Furthermore, there was no way we could compete with the younger generation of today. They lined up outside Next (in the cold) since 4am. Doors opened at 7am. Cheesin(spoken like a true oldie ;P). We started at 10 am and by 3pm, Tobey was too bothered by the massive crowd, so we went back to the room for him to rest. Instead, he happily spent the next hour or so playing with everything electronic in the room.

Here's my baby in the midst of his phone 'conversations'
I did managed to sneak out for some alone shopping time when both father and son were asleep. That was really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how's the shopping? I mean, that's the most fun part, right? And with the sales too?! LOL

chip-pea said...

@Siew: Shopping was not bad in Birmingham.They've got many quirky little shops besides the usual high street branches. The "need list" is all done already(i.e; bigger clothes for Tobey, bed linen, etc.). Phew! Now is the fun bit- browsing and scouting for things that we might "want".. ;P

Skye said...

Hey, I remember Next at Canary Wharf opens at 5am for post-xmas sales. I've only been to boxing day sales once and after that we said "forget it". Half a day in Oxford Street and we only managed to buy a pair of shoes for Dom. Actually I don't enjoy shopping. Like I've said before, I'd rather have someone buy the stuffs for me.

chip-pea said...

@Sukye:I remember they use to open at 5/6am too. This time it was 7am. I think it's a smart move. Pay less for manpower for the die-hard bargain hunters would still turn-up (and Q-up) anyways.Hey, I think you gave that shoes to Tobey too..hahaha!And now Dom is 4 YO already. How time passes... I love shopping, just don't have that much stamina now only.