Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Library visit

Tobey's first library card and set of library book

Tobey is not much of a book person. The best he could do is to sit till I finish reading him the story and then would proceed doing other things. Very rarely he would choose reading over other toys. We are ok with that. But just incase he decides to take up reading more seriously, which is not a bad thing at all, we've signed him up at the local library. His library card can borrow up to 20 books for 6 weeks until he's 5! There are 3 library within 2 miles radius to choose from. Plus the books we buy him, I am sure there's enough book exposure for him. The selection of books is very important as well. I am hopeless at that. But am trying to select based on what he might like and not what I feel he should be reading. I think I am getting there. Recently I bought him a "In the night garden" book and he seems to like it and kept wanting it to be read to him.

His first set of library books includes several DK Animal Feel n Touch series, and two other animal themed books. They were new (the library branch I chose is pretty out of town)!. I also got him a "In the night garden" DVD for £1.50 per week. Got myself an Annabel Karmel's recipe book for toddler.

Here's him trying to figure out what so special about this little plastic card that mommy has been making such a fuss about...

3 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

I think those DK tough and feel books are an excellent choice for him. Tell me how he reacts to it. :)

Anonymous said...

If see books around him more enough, eventually he will get attached to them. To date, SL still has no patience when I am reading to him. Looks like I will have to let him explore on his own. He is cute with the library card. :)

chip-pea said...

@TL: He's not really into them. Still prefer ITNG

@Siew: Hopefully...