Monday, April 07, 2008

Walking unsupported

My boy took his first step 2 weeks ago (9 months 2 weeks old) right infront of both of us! Subsequently, he kept practicing and now he can walk about 8 steps before squatting down to rest. He looks like a cute little man walking really slowly without moving his head or neck. Occasionally when he hears music, he would pause and move his upper body left and right to the tune. This morning, I decided to hold one of his hand and let him walk with me to the kitchen. Both of us, hand-in-hand, going places, no need to carry. Brings tears of joy to my eyes. Suddenly I realised that my baby is growing up so fast, soon he'll be too embarassed and run the opposite direction when mummy wants to hold his hands, I miss him already. Don't want to miss a single moment of his life...so proud of him.

3 comments:

Skye said...

Wahh ... so clever! Dominic only started walking when he was 13 months old (although he could walk hand-in-hand with mummy earlier than that). We wanted to visit you last weekend but Dominic had gastroenteritis. Maybe we'll see you this weekend. Please tell Tobey not to bully Dominic ah ...

chip-pea said...

Thanks Sukye.

Yeah I heard SK said abt Dominic not feeling well. Hope he is ok now.

Yes, can't wait for our two boys to meet up again!

Anonymous said...

A very touching moment indeed.