Tuesday, March 18, 2008

9 Months old

I've not been that good in recording his developments lately. Here's a post to make it up.

Standing unsupported

Since Week 30 he's been experimenting with this. For the last couple of weeks, his passion to stand unsupported came back (after crawling super fast and climbing up the stairs became boring), so needless to say, being a stronger boy now, his practices bore more results. Here are some pics of him being caught in the act.........






You can see in the 2nd pic, it's his new "tool" with wheels to help him walk unsupported...he loves it and uses it to "transport himself" across the hall really quickly. He looks really FUNNY when "travelling"...looked like one of those British OAPs (Old Age Pensioner) with their shopping trolley!

Maybe when he's older he can help mummy mow the lawn...teehee


Hiding things under the sofa

Tobey has been having this fetish of hiding things under the sofa and then trying to reach out for it..or get mummy and daddy to reach out for it. I was wondering how did toys kept going under..I mean I could understand if a ball rolls under, but a wooden cube??? SO I decided to observe him and true enough a few minutes after I retrieved something for him, he proceeded to put it under the sofa again...strange...I have a video of this, will post it up soonish

Dancing to the music

Yes, he moves to ANY music...be it from his toys, the car radio or the tele...once we caught him dancing to BBC news intro soundtrack :P He knows how to activate the music buttons of his musical toys and move to the tune. Got it on video as well...

Moved to his own Big Boy room

Yes, he's FINALLY in HIS room, after 9 months of sleeping in the same room as mummy. Both he and I sleeps better and he's learning to settle himself more and more. I only attend to him when he has "serious" cries and not those "calls that says:mummy-mummy, help me sleep, I am still a newborn" kinda calls.

Here's my "Big Boy" figuring out how to destroy daddy's video cam

You noticed he's not in a cot anymore? Oh well, my boy is a super roller. His method of settling himself to sleep is to roll around till he finds a comfortable position/spot. So this IKEA daybed is the next best thing that is much bigger than a cot and keeps him safe within the frames :)

He's also more able to play on his own whilst I am out of the room doing chores....Still screams blue murder once I disappear....but just for the first 10 seconds, then he proceed to play.

4 comments:

Skye said...

I think Tobey is doing great! Dominic can only stand unsupported at 12 months old. He started walking very soon after. Can't wait to see Tobey again. He must be so much fun now. Look at the amount of toys he has!

chip-pea said...

Thanks Sukye! And yes his daddy spoils him with toys, toys and more toys...sigh!

Anonymous said...

Standing unsupported?! Gosh! Awesome!

chip-pea said...

Thanks Siew! I think he makes up for his 'slowness' in speech development through physical development:))