Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 31& Week 32


These two weeks , Tobey and I are spending time at my parent's. Tobey's daddy, SK has flown back to the UK to resume worklife. He's quite a superstar at this end of town (especially weekends) as many family and friends from my side of the family wants to see and know him ( and carry him...to my relief..kekeke)

Tobey is now learning to walk forward supported other than his usual sideway walk. Crawling and pulling himself up to a standing position comes more naturally to him now. He's enjoying his mobility more than ever.

His paternal grandfather hand-made a wooden playpen for him. This is partly to aid his walking ability and also to confine him to a safe space when there's no one to keep a close watch at him. How I wish I can "check-in" this item into the plane back to UK....wishful thinking.....hehehe




This 'solution' gives me peace of mind when I am carrying out household chores around the house. I don't have to worry about where has he crawled to or what he has put into his mouth. In his playpen, he's safe and.....




most importantly HAPPY!

5 comments:

Skye said...

Tobey is very clever la ... 6 months old learning to walk already!

And your father-in-law is such a handy man.

Anonymous said...

OOOISH! I WANT THAT PLAYPEN! I WANT! I WANT!

chip-pea said...

skye:Thanks! Actually he's like 7 months already. Tobey very rajin in practicing, dunno why he wants to be mobile so fast, soon he'll be moving out from our house..kakakaka!

Siew: HAHAHAHA! Actually it's quite a simple design. But my FIL got it right, the vertical round rods are useful for baby to pull himself up to a standing position before attempting to walk whilst holding onto the top bar. I wish my hubby can contruct the same thing back home...but i think i can dream on...hahaha

Skye said...

I think he is potentially a very active child. Hmmm ... he'll keep you slim and fit. Haha!

Dominic on the other hand is slow, steady and careful. And scared of new things. :p Sigh ... reminds me of my MIL!

KC Tan said...

Wow.. I know about this blog from Siew. TObey's Grandpa really a wonderful handy man. He got the first model up - perhaps the next model is one able to fold and bring home.