Monday, June 06, 2011

My baby's 4th Birthday Party

Mummy was still cooking at the very last hour
Daddy was putting up decor at the very last minutes
The home-made fruit cake (SK's mum family recipe) which daddy and mummy stayed up to 2:30am icing it-The Indiana Jones Lego Cake
The guests.
The bouncy castle was a hit! All kinds of fight happened in it.. (away from the parents eyes)
Mummy and baby. Euan wondering what was happening.
Daddy barbecue-ing chicken wings, satay and sausages.
Guests indoors whre the French open final was on (notice my dear friend on the sofa. She is due any moment now!)
Euan on the castle. He's exactly 8 months old on the day of the party (5th June 2011)
Tobey having a ball!
During the singing of the birthday song...my favourite picture...it captured my boy's emotion of "OMG! it's finally happening!!!" happiness .
during the blowing of the cake
..cutting of the cake..
The gifts. Hi "yeh-yeh" bought him a 16inches bike. He can ride two wheels for a few months now. Our gift to him is a portable basketball hoop with stand. It came the next day, Amazon was late.

Both me and SK slept before 9pm after the party ended.Our backs, arms , eyes...everything hurt, but I tell you, it's so worth it. I am pretty sure this party takes a good big spot in my darling's childhood memory. He still can't stop talking about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Tobey ;)

you guys did a good job, can see that it was so fun. Wish I was there too :)

Euan looks like you more compared to Tobey.


warmest regards from Singapore ,
Roland :)

chip-pea said...

Thank you Uncle Roland! We wish you were here too. His actual birthdate is on the 10th, we just celebrated it earlier...hehe.. love from us :)

Tsu Lin + + said...

OMG! What a fab homemade cake Mei Ling! I really love the lego cake you made for him. How wonderfully cool is that? So much effort put into it.. Tobey is really lucky.

PS : I notice the living room photo that all the daddies were taking care of their babies (Mummies' time out, hehe).

Again, Happy birthday Tobey, sorry we couldn't make it this time. What a real shame. I do love your cake and I'm sure SW would've loved to go on the bouncy castle!

KC Tan said...

I just got to say.. you and your hubby is really superb parents , the cake and the party say it all. BRavo to Tobey, i wish YS knows how to ride the 2 wheeler soon..