Thursday, January 20, 2011

Euan at 16 weeks & Tobey at 3 years 7 months

My darling Euan smiles alot nowadays. His hobby is finger sucking. I remember Tobey didn't take to soothing himself by doing so, although at that time we encouraged it so that he can use that to fall back to sleep in the middle of the night. He preferred the pacifier. Euan on the other hand couldn't take the pacifier. It triggered his gagging reflex when I tried introducing it to him. I guess because he doesn't take the bottle at all. At a luncheon yesterday, a French mummy friend of mine was kind of 'disapprove' of me letting Euan do so, saying that it'll become the hardest habit to break and so on. But seriously, how do you stop a baby from sucking his own fingers??? I am quite relaxed about it to be honest. It's a small matter in the grand scheme of things. YUP. totally different from the first baby. Not that I am adopting a 'tidak apa' attitude towards my second one, it's just that I know what to worry and what's not worth worrying about. I've learnt that they grow up at a blink of an eye, so it's most important to enjoy them as much as possible, rather than worrying about why is he not drinking from a cup yet, or flipping to his side yet, etc. Like SK said, "Have you met a healthy baby that grew up not knowing how to walk ?" (Edit: I misquoted him, it's actually "Have you met an adult who is still crawling?")

Euan recognises us now. He cries when someone he's not seen before carries him. He loves us to carry him about and hates to be put down on his bouncer/cot/bed, unless it's nap time. He loves going out. When we put him in his winter jacket, he gets all excited! He naps two 30 mins naps and one 2 hours nap during the day. His night time sleep commences from 9pm to 9am. He still wakes up for feeds, especially so last week, I think it was his 3rd month growth spurt. He's showing alot of intrest in solids. Whenever he sees anyone eating, he would do his 'munching' mouth movement. I will definitely wait till month 6 to introduce him any solid. It'll be rice cereal followed by chinese rice porridge with added vege/meat/fish one at a time as I slowly introduce them to his diet. This time I will forgo western style of steam and mash vege, etc. Easier and tastier. I can't believe he's in his 4th month already. Time really flew by. Here are several pics taken today :)




My darling Tobey has started his swimming lessons this month. His lessons are being held at the hotel's indoor pool behind my house (1.3 m throughout). It's just 5 minutes walk. But I still drive as it's still too cold for him to walk now after a swim. I just dry him and bundle him into the car after his lesson. He takes his shower when he reaches home, rather than doing it in the hotel changing rooms. He's being taught by his instructor Jeremy together with another student Lian. (not Liam, but Lian). I think he enjoyed himself, although at one point when Jeremy let go of him so that he can learn to float on his own, he started to protest and wanted to get off the pool ;)

He can write his own name now and started writing it on everything he owns(like his cupboard!!!) until we stopped him.His current favourite TV programme is the Octonauts. He's started to venture into really spicy food. Kept saying things like "Hot noodle that one, more please". Still loves school 3 hours a day. When I asked him whether he wants to sta 6 hours on some days (so that I don't have to do the school runs on some days , as he has 15 hours a week free schooling) he said "No , it's too long mummy". My son is truly a creature of routine and loves his home comforts. Oh well, maybe later :)) Here are few pics during him during his swimming lessons.

No comments: