Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Savoury Cheese and Onion muffins

Another cooking lesson with Tobey. This time we made several savoury muffins for breakfast. I made these using (enough for 7 big muffins)

10 tbsp self-raising flour
5 tbsp semolina flour (makes the muffin softer in the inside
3/4 mug of mozarella cheese
1/2 mug of fried onions (I got mine from the salad counter in the local supermarket)
1 medium egg
1/2 a mug of goat's milk (that's what in my fridge, I am sure cow's milk will do fine)
1/2 a bowl of frozen peas
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Mix everything together until you reach a gluey or "dollopy" consistency. Add more flour or milk if needed. Spoon them into muffin cases and bake at 200 C for around 20 mins (or when the top is crusty and brownish). Eat them whilst they're still warm...

********

The other day I stir-fried these soya beans with garlic and chinese sausage for dinner. It's our first time eating fresh soya beans. SK stared at it for quite sometime before even touching it...they turned out to be quite tasty :)

4 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

I'm staring at your savoury muffins and thought it must taste great! Perfect for breakfasts tooo!!!

Soya beans o_O I don't think I've eaten it in this state. Or perhaps I have but don't know it!

chip-pea said...

Yes, the muffins were cheesy and soft in the inside and crusty on outside. I think it will work great with some ham and some chives too.

Anonymous said...

These look very delicious. I tried to make something like that once, and upon removing them from the oven, I think can throw one at the house opposite and it still wont disintegrate.

chip-pea said...

Hahahaha! maybe too long in the oven or too much flour I guess.But in Malaysia, you can get kuih-muih anytime, no need to bake :)