Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rubbery Rubbish

My son likes to pick the smallest little speck off the floor and hand it to me to throw it in the rubbish bin. Be it a small piece of paper or the smallest speck of dust only he can see (which I still take it from him in good faith and throw it in the bin before his eyes). A few weeks back, he handed me what looked like another rolled up grape skin. I took it from him and rolled it between my fingers abit, it felt abit plump and squishy, "Hmmmm..maybe there's some grapeflesh still attached to this.." but it's too rubbery...I looked down and it's a dead baby SLUG! HORROR OF HORRORS!!!!!

I screamed so loud (I know I shouldn't but it was instinctive), SK came rushing into the kitchen, I showed him and he asked Tobey where he found his little treasure...Tobey showed daddy to the area near the front door. It must have crawled in through the bottom of the door. SK then sprinkled some 'Slug killer Powder' along the front paving and true enough, the next day, we found many little dead baby slugs along it.

1 comment:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Slug murderers!

Oh... but isn't Tobey just the cutest little boy.